- This most powerful Grizzly with its 686cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine and light weight has the best power-to-weight ratio of any Yamaha utility ATV.
- Steel Blue model includes cast aluminum wheels.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection means instantaneous cold starts and optimal performance in nearly any condition, from below sea level to 15,000 feet.
- Industry first: Electric Power Steering system lightens steering for superior comfort and terrainability.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATVing. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode.
- Three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension features double-wishbone suspension front and rear with five-way preload-adjustable shocks for maximum control and comfort over rough terrain. Smoothest-running and -riding Grizzly ever.
- Trick digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Raptor®-based four-valve combustion chamber design produces a potent combination of low-rev torque, right-now throttle response and high horsepower.
- Compact engine design features a 35-degree cylinder angle for ground clearance and lower seat height for quick steering and maneuverability.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liners provide outstanding durability and heat dissipation; forged piston is light and strong and rides a carburized, chrome-moly connecting rod.
- Two-lobe overhead cam and a pair of needle-roller rocker arms reduce friction by 50 percent for increased fuel efficiency and torque.
- Mikuni® fuel injection with 44mm bore and throttle position sensor means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper assembly to protect the starter motor.
- Straight driveshaft layout eliminates U-joints for reduced friction, noise, vibration, and maintenance.
- Stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- High-capacity aluminum radiator with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Five-position shift lever with H, L, N, R and P gates provides positive Ultramatic® transmission operation.
- Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
- Electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff. Lock via the On-Command® system.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to help increase durability.
- Comfortable chassis provides outstanding handling and maneuverability.
- WideArc™ front suspension A-arms provide outstanding ground clearance.
- Five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide a comfortable ride, whatever the load or trail conditions.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes serve up consistent, long-lasting braking power under all sorts of nasty conditions.
- Electric power steering varies assist according to speed and torque for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability— even in 4WD.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling; there's a 4.8-liter waterproof storage compartment under there, too.
- 11.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skidplate deliver maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear Dunlop® tires provide responsive steering and handling along with excellent comfort.
- Rugged injection-molded front bumper and CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- Center-mounted, heavy-duty trailer hitch comes standard and can tow more than 1300 pounds.
- LCD instrument display contains fuel injection and electronic power steering information, as well as bar-type fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, clock, and Diff. Lock indicator.
- Rugged steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 286 pounds combined (99 front, 187 rear).
- Large, specially designed seat is extra plush and widely contoured for all-day rider comfort.
- Dual 35-watt multi-reflector halogen bulb headlights with high/ low beams light up the night.
- Type: 686cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC, 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm
- Ignition: 32-Bit ECU
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension/Front: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in. travel
- Suspension/Rear: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 9.5-in. travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes/Rear: Dual hydraulic disc
- Tires/Front: AT25 x 8-12 w/aluminum wheels
- Tires/Rear: AT25 x 10-12 w/aluminum wheels
- L x W x H: 81.3 x 46.5 x 48.8 in.
- Seat Height: 35.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Turning Radius: 126 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gal
- Wet Weight: 648 lbs.
- Rack Capacity: 99 lbs. Fr./187 lbs. Rr.
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lbs.
- Instrumentation: Digital LCD multifunction display: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, gear position, EPS and EFI function
- Lighting: Dual 35W Halogen multi-reflector headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)