- Grizzly 450 Automatic 4x4 EPS has many of the same great features as big brothers Grizzly 700 and 550, including electric power steering, four-wheel independent suspension, and powered by a fuel-efficient, liquid-cooled engine.
- Yamaha Electric Power Steering provides progressive assist at slow speeds and over rough terrain while maintaining optimized rider feedback, superior comfort and terrainability.
- Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
- Three-position On-Command® 4WD system lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button. Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension with WideArc™ A-arms up front and five-way preload-adjustable shocks provides maximum ground clearance for unparalleled comfort over rough terrain.
- Ground clearance of 10.8 and a composite plastic skidplate provide terrainability and undercarriage protection.
- Advanced digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- A sealed rear wet brake provides powerful, consistent stopping power with reduced maintenance.
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
- Electric Power Steering system lightens steering for superior comfort and less rider fatigue.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper assembly to protect the starter motor.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
- Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is easily accessible.
- Large-capacity radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick, responsive steering and agility.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- Tool-free air filter box for easy access and quick maintenance.
- Lightweight chassis features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension features a double-wishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel.
- Using a newly-designed multi-disc system running in gear oil, the sealed rear wet brake combines strong, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance requirements.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers and won’t dent or rust.
- Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender.
- The water-resistant DC outlet is located to the side of the multifunction instrument panel for convenient access; automotive style receptacle handles a wide range of accessories.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s feet dry and feature serrated floorboards for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
- Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams; rear brake light.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Type: 421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5 x 75.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 6.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone; 7.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Sealed oil bathed, multi disc
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H: 78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in.
- Seat Height: 33.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 48.5 in.
- Turning Radius: 118 in.
- Ground Clearance: 10.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal.
- Wet Weight: 620 lb.
- Rack Capacity: 88 lb. Fr./176 lb. Rr.
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Instrumentation: Digital LCD multifunction display: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, clock, gear position and fuel gauge
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)